Excellent for employees and not an April fools joke for employers. From today the 1 April 2019 the National Living Wage and the National Minimum Wage increase.
The new hourly rates are as follows:
- Employees aged 25 and over will increase from £7.83 to £8.21
- Employees aged between 21-24 will increase from £7.38 to £7.70
- Employees aged between 18-20 will increase from £5.90 to £6.15
- Employees aged between 16-17 will increase from £4.20 to £4.35
- Apprentices up to the age of 19 or in their first year of apprenticeship will increase from £3.70 to £3.90 (unless rate specified in apprentice training contract).
If you are an employer it is a legal requirement to ensure your staff are paid at least the new National Living Wage and the National Minimum Wage detailed above.