The Discretionary Grant Fund supports small and micro businesses that are not eligible for other grant schemes. Please note the scheme closes for applications at 5:00pm on 15 June 2020.
Small and micro businesses with fixed property costs that are not eligible for the Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund may be eligible for the Discretionary Grants Scheme.
How much will I get if I qualify?
You can potentially get a grant of £25,000, £10,000 or any amount under £10,000.
Who can apply?
You are potentially eligible if your business:
- is based in England
- has fewer than 50 employees
- has fixed building costs such as rent
- was trading on 11 March 2020
- has been adversely impacted by the coronavirus
The government has asked local councils to prioritise businesses such as:
- small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces, such as units in industrial parks or incubators
- regular market traders
- bed and breakfasts paying council tax instead of business rates
- charity properties getting charitable business rates relief, which are not eligible for small business rates relief or rural rate relief
How to apply
The application process is different for each local authority. You should visit the appropriate local authorities website to determine how to apply.
- Carlisle City Council – https://www.carlisle.gov.uk/news-and-events/coronavirus-9
- Allerdale Borough Council – https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/coronavirus/coronavirus-information-and-advice-businesses/
- Copeland Borough Council – https://www.copeland.gov.uk/coronavirus-resources-business