Welcome to SeavorChartered, if your a tradesman we can help!
We are Tradesman Accountants that work with a number of businesses and the self-employed in the construction sector from builders, plumbers, joiners, roofers and electricians to property developers, groundsmen and painter and decorators.
Working with SeavorChartered
When working with businesses and individuals in the construction sector we provide 100% reassurance their accounting and tax affairs are in order. Working with us you will be reassured deadlines are never missed, that you pay no more tax than you need to and advise from a qualified adviser is there when you need it.
Key issues we find dealing with our current clients include:
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) is complex and can be difficult to manage. For contractors we can run your CIS scheme and ensure your obligations with HMRC are met. For subcontractors we can advise on the benefits of having “Gross Status” however if you do get CIS deducted you want to ensure you reclaim all the CIS tax deducted from your payments and as soon as possible. We understand CIS for both contractors and subcontractors and can provide the right advice.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
Property and construction is one of the most complex areas of VAT and whether you should charge VAT at 0%, 5%, 20% or not at all can be difficult to determine. We are VAT Specialists and not only will advise on VAT schemes which may benefit your business such as the VAT Flat Rate Scheme, Cash Accounting and Annual Accounting. We will also advise on complex property transactions to ensure they are structured tax efficiently.
Payroll and Apprentices
Managing staff is difficult enough, we can make it a little easier by taking care of the payroll administration and providing advice on how to deal with your employees. We are also experienced advising businesses on the rules surrounding apprentices and can advise you to reassure you that everything is done correctly. We can also complete the CITB Levy form on your behalf.
What SeavorChartered’s can offer:
- Face to face meetings at a time to suit you
- Preparation of Year-End Accounts including those for Limited Companies
- Preparation of Abbreviated Company Accounts and filing with Companies House
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- Corporation Tax Computations and Returns
- Quarterly VAT Calculations
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs
- Dealing with Companies House
- Running of the company payroll including Real Time Information (RTI)
- Dealing with your CIS obligations
- Completion of a P11D form if required
- Advise on cloud accounting software and the benefits it would bring to your business
- Advice on available VAT Schemes and complex VAT transactions
- Business advice to grow your business and profits
- On-going tax and accountancy advice throughout the year
Let us set everything up for you. You don’t have to do a thing. Thinking about changing your accountant can be daunting. You probably imagine it’s going to involve lots of time and not a small amount of disruption. If you do, you couldn’t be more wrong.